The First State Bank is committed to the health and well-being of our customers and colleagues. As you are aware, health officials are keeping a close watch on the spread of the coronavirus COVID‐19. The First State Bank is actively monitoring updates regarding the spread of the coronavirus from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
As the situation continues to evolve, we are taking measures to maintain business continuity and protect the health of our employees, customers, and partners. To mitigate the risks associated with the coronavirus, The First State Bank has put the following measures in place:
- Enhanced Cleaning – Additional cleaning measures have been implemented throughout our public and office areas, including sanitizing commonly touched surfaces frequently throughout the day.
- Hygiene – Employees are being encouraged to practice good hygiene consistent with advice published by the CDC.
- Technology – The First State Bank uses a variety of technologies designed to provide banking service continuity and maintain high service standards. This includes hosting services for our customers in multiple datacenters. Additionally, we are expanding our ability to work remotely if found necessary.
- Travel – We are asking employees to carefully consider their travel plans and are actively monitoring international travel.
- Third Parties – The First State Bank is reaching out to important service providers to verify appropriate plans are being developed for those businesses.
Please check this site for updates as events progress.
Please know we take preparing for the risks associated with the coronavirus very seriously and have taken a number of measures designed to provide an uninterrupted banking experience for you and all of our customers.
Tom E. Turner
First State Bank
Chairman & CEO
First State Bank, PO Box 150 Abernathy, TX 79311-0150 Phone 806-298-2556